Saturday, September 14, 2019

endthebadlands - seven

as i write this letter, dear mother
I do this with a heavy heart
for the impossible has happened
i seem have lost my brother
he is gone, like he was never here
i woke up one morning
feeling scared
like a part of me was ripped from me
felt like a song without a melody
and all i could think of was
writing a letter to mummy
i don't know where he is, mother
he is gone, perhaps to find his own path
but i know i will see him once again
i know because i have done the math
the stars are not aligned for us right now
we are bound to be lost for a little more time
but i will find that idiot and bring him home
and then, mother it will all be fine
we'll be fine mother
now only if i could
find my way out of these badlands
i will end this missive now
for i see a girl on a dune up ahead
with a jug of water at her hip
and I am so thirsty
oh so thirsty

------
the end

loved it? hated it? be a gent and leave a comment ;)

2 comments: