Monday, October 14, 2019

there is

there is a poem inside me
a virus, an alien thing
squirming, suffering,
seeking a way out
i close my eyes and i
can see this gargantuan thing
rise up from the seas
of my thoughts
like an angry god
that is pissed
at being woken up
from an ancient slumber
and now it slouches towards the cities of my mind
ready to destroy, to make it all one with the dust
or maybe it is just looking for coffee
one would never know
because this thing is almost here
slow thrashing wading through murky waters
yelling an incomprehensible litany
of mistrust and paranoia
shaking off dreams from the dreads
that are lodged like snakes
in its ugly head
it thrashes and smashes
structures to the ground
and the dust that rises
obfuscates my vision
my meaning
my dreaming
and i lie
oh i lie
in a fetal position
wishing it to be over
while it has only just started

No comments:

Post a Comment