Sunday, January 17, 2016

rust

creeping like a predator
sated, but killing just for play
you feel the fetid breath on your neck
still you look the other way

who can look this creature in the eye
face the bright promise in this blue sky
the conspiring susurrations
of all that could've been

the glowing poison in its veins
words drenched with just the right sound
pleasure promised with a hint of pain
it speaks to you when no one is around

this predator knows the bones of its prey
it always does
always
and patiently, it waits

so when your time comes
you will face its jaws
you'll gladly rip your heart
and place it in this thing's claws
you will love and you will trust
till it takes you over, like rust

----
Just saying, do not write poems like this one. I've broken some rules, but I've been doing this for a long time and I have the poetic license to break the rules. If you're sticking to a format, stick to it. I am a professional and I know what I am doing. I have the papers. And please, I beg of you, do not try this at home.

2 comments:

  1. The imagery is great. I love the way the poem succumbs to the creature as the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Voodoo, thanks for the comment.

    All poems die, some rise again ;)

    ReplyDelete