Friday, April 13, 2012

The Drug Called Speed

I love the acceleration 
The roaring wind in my ears
Brushing wings with danger
My spine electrified with fear

With all senses heightened
There is only road and the machine
The world just vanishes, so do I
Beyond my headlight's beam

Nothing can hurt me now
Invincible, as long as I am moving
There is strength between my legs
That's what this speed is proving

The song of the engine is everything
I won't give it up for the world
As long as this machine runs, i'd ride
And escape from all the hurt

----
Some days, riding my bike is the only good thing about the day. This one is dedicated to my bike!

3 comments:

  1. I don't really like the last line, because more than escaping it should be about chasing something. But what is written, is written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd and 3rd para sab se accha tha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss the roar of my pulsar. sometimes i take it out in the colony, do 60 on 3rd gear round and round on the back roads, then park it and take the karizma on the highway for some silent speed :)

    ReplyDelete