Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eating Bananas At 3 AM

There must be people awake
Talking to their girlfriends
Earplugs stuck in brains
As they lie in their beds
At 3 AM

There must be people awake
Sitting in a call center
Talking to someone in America or maybe UK
With a fake accent
At 3 AM

There must be people traveling
In the buses and trains and cars and on foot
In the darkness from A to B
Waiting for a loo clean enough to pee
At 3 AM

There must be people doing Dirty Things
Somewhere, where, I don't know
Don't even want to
But I know they are doing Dirty Things
At 3 AM

But what I really want to know is,
Why am I
Writing a poem and
Eating bananas
At 3 AM

10 comments:

  1. waiting for a loo clean enough to pee. XD

    Right. You can't WAIT to pee cos you HAVE to.
    This post is much of a revelation of the fact that YOU don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha
    you were feeling hungry lol
    and yeah no gf :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee. Some of those naughty people are using bananas I bet...
    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Hope you are doing well! This is Anamika Tiwari from Webneetech.com. At present we are interviewing entrepreneurs and now we are starting another section to feature (interview) bloggers and their blog on webneetech.com

    We find your blog bit interesting and would like to feature your interview on our website.

    I was not able to find any contact details of yours so using this comment box. Please let me know your email id or else contact us on i.webneetech@gmail.com, so that we can send you the questionnaire and feature you on webneetech.com Please visit www.webneetech.com to know more about us.

    Regards,
    Webneetech.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do that =P eat bananas and wonder about stuff at 3 am =P nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Limpu...sometimes you have to wait. I do have a girlfriend :) and she sleeps earlier than I do :P where did that boyfriend bit come in? LOL!

    @VickY...bananas are very nutritious. I like bananas! Yes GF!

    @Rex...that's a very astute observation my friend, of course, I expected nothing less from someone of your caliber :D

    Neeraj...hang on dude.

    ms.parker... pretty profound an experience I must say! :D

    N

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO I LOVE THIS! really do, I often don't stay up till three in the morning for some scary superstitious belief but maybe after reading this, I'll stay up till 3 AM and instead of pulling a scared face I'd smile thinking of a random guy writing a poetry while eating banana at 3 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. its 3 now and you can call anytime:)

    ReplyDelete